Physical vs digital direct mail
Because of information overload the attention span of the average consumer is only 8 seconds. This is the conclusion of research by Phase5 for Canada Post. Some very interesting facts about physical and digital mail came from the research.
– More than half of consumers (53%) opens, reads and remembers physical mail earlier and better than digital mail
– 85% opens the mail if it looks interesting; 81% reads it the same day that it arrives
– Consumers have more positive feelings (surprise, happiness) upon seeing physical mail; digital ads are distracting and considered negative
– More than half (62%) sees physical flyers and catalogues as the most effective advertising media
– Half (51%) of companies prefers cross media communication
Also sales seem to benefit from physical mail:
– Half of respondents says they have bought something after receiving a mailing
– 43% bought a product on-line after receiving direct mail
Canada Post – naturally benefiting from positive results for physical mailing – has produced a white paper on this research which is available on-line.
De trainingen voor 2022 staan gereed. Kijk voor het volledige online aanbod van bestaande- en nieuwe trainingen op de website.
BLOKBOEK.COM EN PRINTMEDIANIEUWS: HET OPTIMALE DOELGROEP BEREIK