HP with new Indigos and PageWide Web Presses at drupa
HP is not only the biggest exhibitor at drupa, it also has the biggest news. It will introduce three new Indigo presses plus a complete new line of Web Preses with new PageWide technology. The three new Indigo presses are an addition to what HP now calls liquid electro photography, LEP, digital presses. For commercial printers HP introduces the HP Indigo 2000 which has been much improved as far as productivity and print quality, and the HP Indigo WS6800p for photo printing. Printers looking for a larger format HP has the HP Indigo 5000, an oversized B1 format double sided digital press. PageWide is the name and technology for the HP Web Presses which have increased speed by 67%. More information about HP at drupa in the press release below.
HP Inc Reinvents Business Printing with New Portfolio and PageWide Product Line
LISBON, March 8, 2016 — HP Inc. is driving the printing category forward with an innovative new portfolio of business printers, including:
- A new brand of HP PageWide printers that provide professional color, best-in-class cost of ownership , fastest speeds , best energy efficiency , and the world’s most advanced security and management features in its class;
- New HP OfficeJet Pro printers that deliver affordable, professional color and big performance in a compact package for small businesses;
- New HP LaserJet printers with leading laser performance, print-shop quality color documents, and best value for black-and-white printing;
- HP Secure Managed Print Services to help customers secure their print environment with the strongest protection available in the industry.
“We’re reinventing printing for every business – large or small. Traditionally vendors have spoken about ‘Good, Better, Best’ where most customers have to compromise, but today we are promising ‘Best, Best, Best’ allowing our customers to determine the right print solution for their business, not their budget.“
“HP PageWide printers have exceeded our expectations in terms of quality and speed and have enabled us to be more productive in the way we work. “
Reinventing Business Printing with HP PageWide
HP PageWide Technology is a proven, reliable scalable print technology developed by HP that has delivered more than 140 billion high quality digital pages via HP printers including large format printers and web presses. In addition to the new lineup of A4 devices early next year, HP will expand the reach of PageWide Technology to redefine the copier market with a new portfolio of A3 multifunction printers (MFPs).
“HP PageWide printers have exceeded our expectations in terms of quality and speed and have enabled us to be more productive in the way we work,” said Tim Larson, design principal, Downstream. “We operate in a demanding environment and are in the business of visual design so how things look on paper is important — HP is keeping up with us.”
The new HP PageWide business portfolio will be available through channel partners and at select retail stores. In addition, the new portfolio increases the number of managed devices designed for contractual channel partners and managed print services engagements. These contractual HP PageWide printers enable HP channel partners to provide low cost of operation with HP’s highest capacity supplies, a three-year print head warranty, higher speeds and RMPV on select models, as well as integration with HP JetAdvantage Management and third-party tools. By optimizing managed HP PageWide devices for contractual agreements, HP provides channel partners with new opportunities to deliver higher customer satisfaction.
New Additions to the HP OfficeJet Pro and LaserJet Pro families
The expanded HP business printing portfolio also includes new HP OfficeJet Pro and HP LaserJet printers, rounding out the options available to customers.
In the last decade, HP has created and firmly established the ink in the office category, offering small and medium businesses professional quality ink-based color printing at up to 50% lower cost per page than lasers6. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8000 series features HP Print Forward Design to provide customers productivity with high speeds in a space-saving design that helps preserve office real estate. These new printers also include enhanced manageability and security features, seamless mobile printing7, and access to the convenient and affordable HP Instant Ink supplies delivery program.
The HP LaserJet family provides customers with print shop document quality, fast speed and the best value on black-and-white printing. The new LaserJet products include Original HP Toner cartridges with JetIntelligence technology enabling the industry’s most advanced laser printing platform that offer leaner, faster, smarter options to help customers accelerate their business.
Today HP is also introducing HP Secure Managed Print Services (MPS), a new Managed Print Services (MPS) offering focused on security. This enhanced service reflects HP’s defense-in-depth approach to delivering the most comprehensive device, data and document security8 available today. HP Secure MPS provides security experts with the ability to help customers secure their print environment with the strongest protections available in the industry and then maintain security over time to address evolving threats and compliance requirements.
HP Secure MPS advanced protections include:
- The world’s most secure printers9 with self-healing capabilities
- Security software to detect threats as well as protect, monitor and manage the printer fleet
- Data encryption to better protect confidential data
- Reporting for regulatory and compliance audits
- Security expertise to co-develop a comprehensive print security plan
HP has also updated HP JetAdvantage Security Manager software, the industry’s only policy-based printer security compliance solution10, to enable greater visibility into what firmware updates have been applied across the HP printer fleet. This feature enables customers to see which of their printers are protected by HP’s advanced printer security including: HP Sure Start BIOS protection, whitelisting, and run-time intrusion detection. In addition, HP Enterprise printers can now be monitored for malicious activity by the SIEM tool Splunk. Based on a sampling of HP JetAdvantage Security Manager functionality, business customers can sign-up for HP Quick Assess, a free one-hour phone session to assess the vulnerability of their HP printer fleet (up to 20 devices) at www.hp.com/go/quickassess.
Product Pricing and Availability11
The new HP PageWide business printers include:
- The HP PageWide Enterprise Color series includes the HP PageWide Enterprise Color 556 and HP PageWide Enterprise Color MFP 586. These printers are designed for small businesses and medium sized work groups printing up to 15,000 pages a month, with a print speed of up to 75 pages per minute12. The HP PageWide Enterprise Color MFP 586 is expected to be available in May starting at $1,999. The HP PageWide Enterprise Color 556 printer is expected to be available in May starting at $749.
- The HP PageWide Pro 500 series includes the HP PageWide Pro 552dw and the HP PageWide Pro MFP 577dw. The 552dw and 577dw are designed for small businesses and work groups printing up to 6,000 pages a month, with print speeds of up to 70 pages per minute13. The PageWide Pro 500 series is expected to be available in April starting at $699.00.
- The HP PageWide Pro 400 series includes the HP PageWide Pro 452dw and the HP PageWide Pro MFP 477dw. These printers are designed for small businesses and work groups printing up to 4,500 pages a month with print speeds of up to 55 pages per minute14. The PageWide 400 series is expected to be available in April starting at $499.00.
- The HP PageWide 300 series includes the HP PageWide 352dw and the HP PageWide MFP 377dw. These printers are designed for small businesses and work groups printing up to 3,000 pages a month with print speeds of up to 45 pages per minute15 . The PageWide 300 series is expected to be available in June.
The new OfficeJet Pro printers include:
- For micro and small businesses printing up to 2,000 pages a month, the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710/8720/8730/8740 All-in-One printers and the HP OfficeJet Pro 8210 printer provide professional quality printing at up to 50 percent lower cost per page than lasers16. HP OfficeJet Pro 8720/8730/8740 All-in-One printers features HP Print Forward Design, delivering superb office productivity with high speeds for two-sided print and scan jobs with laser-like paper handling, and space-saving designs helps preserve office real estate. HP OfficeJet Pro 8730/8740 All-in-One printers and the HP OfficeJet Pro 8210 printer include enhanced manageability and security features. The OfficeJet Pro 8700 series is expected to be available in April starting at $199.99. The OfficeJet Pro 8210 is expected to be available in September for $129.99.
- For micro and home businesses printing up to 800 pages a month, the HP OfficeJet Pro 6960/6970 All-in-One printers provide professional quality printing professional quality printing at less than half the cost of laser printing. The OfficeJet Pro 6900 series is expected to be available in June starting at $149.99.
The new HP LaserJet printers include:
- The HP LaserJet Pro M501 series is a single function, monochrome printer for small and medium sized businesses or work groups printing up to 6,000 pages a month. It offers best in class performance including fastest first page out from ready, fastest first page out from sleep and lowest total energy consumption17 against leading competitors. The HP LaserJet Pro M501 series is expected to be available in April starting at $549.00.
- The HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M377 series is a multifunction color printer for small and medium sized businesses or work groups printing up to 4,000 pages a month. It offers best in class performance including fastest first page out from sleep, fastest duplex printing, and lowest total energy consumption18against leading competitors. The HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M377 series is expected to be available in April for $489.00. Additional information about HP’s new business printing portfolio is available at hp.com/go/businessprinters.
Reinventing protection with Secure Managed Print Services
Door het coronavirus zijn voorlopig alle trainingen gecancelled. VIGC biedt een selectief deel van haar trainingen momenteel digitaal aan. Bekijk het aanbod op de website van het VIGC.
BLOKBOEK.COM EN PRINTMEDIANIEUWS: HET OPTIMALE DOELGROEP BEREIK