Glasstec 2016: Ten ESMA members shows the latest developments in glass and functional printing
During Glasstec 2016, 22 and 23 September in Düsseldorf, German, ESMA and ten ESMA members will talk about the latest developments in glass and functional printing. Entrance to Glasstec is free with vouchers available via this link.
In October ESMA will hold The Inkjet Conference. Two days dedicated to all aspects of inkjet printing. A 10% discount for Blokboek.com readers is available via this link.
ESMA at glasstec 2016:
The Perfect Match between Glass and Functional Printing
Leuven, 9th August 2016 – ESMA, the European Specialist Printing Manufacturers Association, will exhibit at glasstec 2016 together with 10 member companies. Their presence at the world’s largest trade fair for the glass industry and its suppliers will be marked by a showcase of the newest screen and digital deco- ration technologies. Located on 300 sqm, ESMA pavilion will welcome visitors in hall 12, with the central booth D49. The event takes place on 20-23 September 2016 at Messe Düsseldorf. Free vouchers for the exhibition are offered by the GlassPrint conference co-organised by ESMA and “Glass Worldwide” in 2017.
With the increasing range of applications that integrate speciality and functional printing on glass, the com- position of ESMA pavilion at glasstec changes as well. In comparison to the last exhibition in 2014, three new companies are participating and two joined the pavilion specifically because of the stronger group image. “Glass is regaining its importance for printing and not only in terms of surface decoration for flat and hollow products. Today, glass becomes the perfect match for printed electronics unlocking new applications and new possibilities. The revolution sparked by ultrathin glass and non-contact printing techniques means that also digital inkjet has a lot to offer in the glass industry,” says Peter Buttiens, CEO of ESMA.
10 members in the pavilion – representing screen and digital
ESMA organises its pavilion for the fourth time and the three islands in hall 12 will feature following member companies:
- Gallus-Heidelberg (booth C49-2); presenting new areas of business for industrial print on glass. New is the Phoenix 800 Fast which provides an extremely cost-effective solution for imaging of high-quality printing forms whether for screen, letterpress, flexo, pad or offset printing. It is suitable for imaging Gallus Screeny screen printing plates as well as stencils with light-sensitive coating from other manufacturers.
- KIWO (D49-4); for the first time presenting an inkjet-compatible sputter resist for architectural and in- terior glasses. The resist is compatible with large format digital printers for the flat glass industry which opens up new opportunities. In addition to the portfolio of resists and coatings, KIWO focuses on special adhesives and screen-making chemicals.
- Pröll (C41-1); with core business in development of custom-made chemical products for printing and coating glass, metals and plastics. Nori-Glass TPI is a glossy silicone and halogen-free two-component glass screen printing ink for the decoration of touch panels. Tampo-Jet GMI is a two-component pad prin- ting ink deve-loped for printing on glass flacons.
- PVF (D49-2); offering the ideal mesh portfolio for decoration and application of functional elements on glass. PVF’s NBC polyester alpha series is suited for glass applications in automotive, architecture, so- lar panels, hollowware and household appliances. L-Screen mesh types which show the highest tensile strength by two-component polyester threads, ensure particularly long screen lifetime.
- Saati (C49-1); present in the screen printing market for over 80 years, developing and manufacturing a complete screen printing package: fabrics, chemicals and equipment. For glass applications, Saati offers customised solutions: Hi-Glass, specially developed fabrics and Saativit & Vitrum emulsions which fulfilESMA vzw | Sint-Jorisveld 44, B-3390 Tielt-Winge, Belgium Tel: +32 16 89 43 53, Fax: +32 16 43 49 71 | www.esma.com VAT no. BE 0887.979.075
9th August 2016
the strictest requirements of automotive, architecture and appliance industries.
- SPS Technoscreen (C24); offering a wide range of ATMA flatbed machines for glass decoration by means of screen printing. This includes machinery for automotive (front, rear and side windshields), appliance glass, architectural glass, touch screens as well as furniture decoration. SPS STOP cylinder machines are famous for ceramic decal printing. The range is complemented with handling equipment such as straight/angle conveyor systems, accumulators and visual inspection stations.
- Sun Chemical (D49-3); presenting the latest offerings from its SunVetro range of glass decoration solu-tions including organic inks, spray coatings, glass preparation products and cold end coating solutions. Visitors to glasstec 2016 will see how these solutions can be applied to a wide variety of glass packaging to significantly enhance product branding, aesthetic impact and functionality.
ESMA pavilion will be completed by booths from Machines Dubuit (C49; digital and screen printing ma- chines) and ink manufacturers RUCO (C41-2) and Tiflex (D49). Although the majority of those companies specialise predominantly in screen technologies, everyone interested in the advancements of digital inkjet printing can step by the ESMA booth (D49-4) to talk to our experts from this domain and gain updates on The Inkjet Conference which will take place on 5-6 October 2016. One of the test printers from The Inkjet Training course will be on display at the ESMA booth, as well.
Free glasstec tickets provided by GlassPrint conference
All visitors to both ESMA and “Glass Worldwide” (hall 13, A40) booths can register their interest for the up- coming GlassPrint – the only conference dedicated to glass decoration. The seventh edition of this renowned educational and networking event will take place on 29-30 November 2017 in Düsseldorf. The last edition brought together 200 glassmakers, decorators, end users, suppliers and brand owners including Bormioli Luigi, O-I, Nestlé, Sahm and Schott. Powered by glasstec, GlassPrint offers now free day tickets to the exhibition for Tuesday, 20 September 2016.
Glass decoration experts who register on time at www.glassprint.org/glasstec-tickets will receive a voucher for a one day ticket, copy of “Glass Worldwide” with extended show guide, “2016-17 Guide to Glass Decoration”, “ESMA Newsletter”, as well as glass of cava and snack at ESMA booth. Number of tickets is limited so the first come first serve rule applies.
“Organised jointly by ESMA and Glass Worldwide, GlassPrint is Europe’s only event 100% dedicated to glass decoration. With glasstec 2016 providing exhibiting ESMA members and visitors with the opportunity to join the largest audience on the 2016 glass event calendar, GlassPrint 2017 will complement proceedings by attra- cting a highly targeted audience of manufacturers, processors and decorators of all types of glass. Visitors to the ESMA and Glass Worldwide areas during glasstec 2016 will be at the hub of glass decoration activity and will also be able to learn more about the exciting plans for GlassPrint 2017,” commented Dave Fordham, publish- er of Glass Worldwide and Specialist Printing Worldwide magazines. “We look forward to meeting potential GlassPrint 2017 visitors, speakers and exhibitors in halls 12 and 13 at glasstec 2016.”
De trainingen voor 2022 staan gereed. Kijk voor het volledige online aanbod van bestaande- en nieuwe trainingen op de website.
BLOKBOEK.COM EN PRINTMEDIANIEUWS: HET OPTIMALE DOELGROEP BEREIK